Wix’s store offers payment processing through a handful of vendors, including:
- Wix Payments
- Manual payments (this option allows you to accept payments — cash, check, bank transfer, wire transfer, etc. — offline).
This list is just a sampling of the 21 payment processors Wix supports. Wix’s available payment processors vary by country. You can find a full list of processors and the countries in which you can use them in the Wix support center.
Wix also offers its in-house payment processor called wix plans. Wix Payments is currently only available in 13 countries, including the United States and Great Britain (Wix Payments is not available in Canada). Processing rates for this service vary depending on the country, but for the United States, you can expect a rate of 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction. This rate is in line with industry standards. It should be noted that I have seen a handful of complaints online that address Wix Payments. Most often, these complaints say that Wix Payments is withholding their funds, which is a common complaint about payment processors. Be sure to look into any payment processor that you are considering. Check out our list of preferred payment processors to start.
Customer Service & Technical Support
All Wix users have access to Wix support, no matter what plan they’re on (premium or free). You can contact Wix by submitting a web ticket or requesting a callback. Here’s a quick list of the support available to you:
- Request A Callback: Wix does not display a phone number publicly. However, you can request that Wix calls you. Wix displays an estimated wait time online for this callback. Typically, the wait time is under an hour and is often around five minutes. Callback availability depends on the language. Here are the hours for each language:
- English: 24/7
- Spanish: Monday-Friday from 3 AM-8 PM EST
- Portuguese: Monday-Friday from 5 AM-5 PM PST
- Italian: Monday-Friday from 8 AM-5 PM GMT+1
- Submit A Web Ticket: Have Wix answer your questions via email. Wix recommends that you categorize your issue to help speed up their response time.
- Help Center: This is the support route that Wix will send you to most often. The help center is easy to search, and it is full of relevant and helpful articles and user guides.
- YouTube: Find tutorials on basic operations and videos with news on product updates.
- Social Media: Wix maintains its social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
- Hire A Wix Expert: View designer portfolios, and choose a professional to design your site.
- Community Forums: Wix has three community forums: one to discuss Wix’s blog features, another for Covid users, and one to discuss Wix’s forum features (meta, right?).
Finally, customers on the Wix VIP premium packages receive priority customer support, which means that your web tickets and phone calls are pushed to the front of the line. Phone support for VIP users is available Monday through Thursday 6 AM to 5 PM PST.
I wish that Wix made a phone number available to all users. It’s a pain to have to wait for Wix to contact you, and it makes you feel like you don’t have as much access to support. I think Wix could reduce a lot of customer complaints by letting users contact them directly.
My own experience with Wix’s customer support was positive. The reps I contacted were knowledgeable and responded in a timely manner. You should know, however, that I have read a lot of negative reviews online that suggest that Wix’s support team isn’t always on the ball.